What Does the Future Hold for Mobile Ticketing?
A Summary of Trends and Forecasted GrowthAlong with the forecasted exponential growth expected in this arena, Bhas also identified a number of emerging mobile ticketing trends. Bhas also predicts the use of barcode and SMS-based ticketing. This is already especially popular in the transport industry. Bhas expects that we’ll see an influx in contactless payments with the introduction of Google Wallet and Apple Pay. He believes this will account for 1 in 3 purchases made by 2019. Wearable devices are considered the largest area for mobile ticketing growth. The introduction of devices such as the Apple watch will mark a turning point for wearable device application with NFC payment options.
The Benefits of Adopting Mobile Ticketing MethodsBhas says, “the challenge for mobile ticketing is educating the customer to make that migration from traditional means.” There are many benefits for community theaters to consider when considering mobile ticketing options. Of course, you will continue to have patrons that prefer traditional paper tickets, but I believe that you will see more and more patrons opting for the mobile ticketing option. Mobile ticketing is especially popular among younger patrons! Here are a few more benefits of adopting a mobile ticketing system:
- Mobile ticketing helps in reducing box office lines.
- It also helps to streamline entrance lines and event check-in proceedings.
- Mobile ticketing is convenient for patrons who worry about misplacing their paper ticket.
- Mobile ticketing reduces a theater’s printing costs.
- It also offers a more environmentally friendly ticketing option.